The cloak is based on the one found on the remains of a man's body found in a bog in Varberg Municipality, Sweden in 1936 by Albert Johansson. The cloak itself is dated to the 14th century. Textile expert Agnes Teresa Geijer took part in the conservation of the garments found there.
100% Wool exterior, 100% Linen interior lining, deer antler toggles, Needle, Thread, scissors, paper for patterns. sewing machine and sand paper.
Sewing machine utilized to sew the lining and exterior together - largely because I am incapable of sewing a straight line otherwise. Sand paper was utilized to polish the deer antler used for the toggles. A drill was utilized to punch a hole in the middle of each piece of antler.
I obtained the original dimensions and shape via the university of tulsa site cited in the sources stemming from Bockstenmannen, Och Hans Dräkt. I then made adjustments to account for my desired garment length, neck size, and shoulder width. I also made the decision to incorporate trefoil daggets along the bottom edge of the garment.
A pattern was drawn onto paper, taking care to ensure the front of neck and back of neck sections were correctly sized. The pattern was transferred to junk material to allow for a test fitting and adjustments to the template. The adjusted tamplate was pinned to the wool and linen (layered with good side touching good side) and cut out. The template was removed with the linen and wool layers remaining pinned together with a combination of pins and temporary running stitches.
The garment was stitched 95% around with sewing machine. The garment was then turned inside out (good layers now facing out), and the remaining 5% stitched shut by hand.
Three loops and toggle straps were hand-stitched from wool and stitched to the right shoulder of the garment. The toggles themselves were hand carved from deer antler, and polished from 60 grit to 600 grit wet sanded sand-paper. The toggle straps were passed through a hole in each piece of antler, with the ends then folded over and hand stitched together to prevent the toggle from sliding off.
Agnes Teresa Geijer - https://www.skbl.se/en/article/AgnesGeijer
Nockert, Margareta. Bockstenmannen, Och Hans Dräkt. Halmstad och Varberg: Stiftelsen Hallands länsmuseer, 1985 cited within http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/bockclok.html